Monday 17 February 2014

London Grammar | Sunday Jamming


One of my favourite things to do in my spare time, go and watch live music. As I have grown older, I have begun to distance myself from the clubbing scene so to speak and started to enjoy quiet nights in with my loved ones, or quiet nights out doing something a little bit different to the ordinary. I have always enjoyed listening to music don’t get me wrong, this is a big part of my life, but there is something so attractive about going to a small intimate gig over the weekend (well what I thought was going to be intimate anyway). When I first purchased tickets for my best friend and I to go and see London Grammar, the band were quite new and unheard of so I didn't expect the sheer amount of people to turn up. Yet this is not to say they didn't deserve that amount of recognition and secondly to that, everyone was very relaxed and just generally happy to be there which is always a plus. There were some great vibes at the 02 Birmingham last night that’s for sure. 


Album cover-'If You Wait'
A shot from the night
A nice mixture of different aged couples and friends all out to show their support to one of the best breakthrough acts we have seen this year, this has to be one of the best gigs I have been to. One of the main things I love about this band is the fact that they are very chilled out and easy to listen to. Their style of music is very unique and surprisingly enough, they sound better live than they do on YouTube! Last night brought an end to their tour, sadly for London Grammar but they were extremely grateful and even seemed a little overwhelmed by it all. Obviously fame hasn't got to their heads just yet! So all in all a great gig and well worth the small price of £14 that's for sure! I look forward to buying their album 'If You Wait' which is available now and listening to what else they have to give. Mark my words, this band will go far!

L.A
xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...