Thursday 7 August 2014

August Beauty Haul

In search of a rosier blusher on my way through town the other day, I popped into Superdrug and picked up a few goodies. This included this gorgeous Bourjois blush which I have meaning to buy for a while now. Even though I love my Coralistic blush by Benefit as featured in one of my previous posts here, I have heard so many great things about this blush and had to see for myself. I know this is quite an old product but some of the classic products are often the best so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. There is a 3 for 2 offer on all Bourjois products at the moment but with so many gorgeous products to choose from, I found it difficult to limit down my search. In the end I went for some ultra black pencil black eye-liner, something I was desperately in need of and the new volume 1 second mascara which again, I have heard so many great things about.

54 Rose Frisson Bourjois Blush at £7.99
The fabulous 1 volume second mascara at £10
Ultra black Khol pencil eyeliner in ultra black at £5.99
All my beautiful goodies together including my free pair of sunglasses
The finished look before I got changed and headed out
As you can see from my pic, this blusher looks gorgeous on. I really love the colour; it's not too bright but you can definitely see it and it stays on much longer than my Coralistic blush which is double the price! However I can't really compare these two blushers as not only are not only different colours, they have totally different effects. The eye-liner I must say I wasn't too impressed with, but eye-liner generally has never been my best friend. I always end up smudging it half way across my face which is not the most attractive look! The mascara on the other hand is brilliant. I love trying new mascaras and usually purchase these when they are on offer, but I must say this one is well worth the money. The applicator brush is brilliant and allowed me to reach all my lashes on application which is the most important thing I look for in a mascara. I don't know if you are able to achieve volume in just one second however, but you will certainly achieve immediate results - I definitely recommend this.



4 comments:

  1. I love Bourjois products! I only have one of their blushes, and it's a bit of a dreary colour - I'm going to have to check out their brighter shades!
    The Graduate Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What colour do you have? Yeah you should - this one I have is a lovely shade!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. My Bourjois blush scares me as it's SO pigmented, I always put way too much on! xx

    Pillarbox Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I don't think it's too overwhelming but it depends on the colour and brush you use I guess :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...