Friday 29 August 2014

Tan Talk - St Tropez VS St Moriz

As the summer months draw to a close, I thought it would be fitting to post about one thing we all love and something we won't be seeing a lot of over the next couple of months; the sun. Now I must admit I used to love sitting in the sun and would often fry myself with the lowest factor tanning oil. It's only recently that I have started to take more care when sitting out in the sun. Everybody loves having a tan let's admit it (well if you're British anyway). There is just something about having a golden glow that makes you feel effortlessly sexy and able to conquer the world (or maybe that's just me). 

I haven't actually sat in the sun much this year but I am going away this week to Turkey so I am sure I will make up for it then. I am certainly more careful now when it comes to exposing my skin. This was after a recent scare with one of my moles. I just don't think it is worth the risk nowadays especially with skin cancer being so common. Now if I feel like I am looking a bit pasty, I will resort to every girl's best friend, fake tan. Just a few handfuls of this can make you feel a whole lot better about your appearance. We have all been there, 10 minutes before we are about to leave the house for a night out and the tanning mitt is on attacking those ghostly looking thighs.

However it is not easy to know which tan is going to look the best. There are so many different tanning products to choose from. In this post I am going to be comparing two of my most frequently used tanning products, St Tropez and St Moriz, both completely different in price and effects but a very similar brand name. One of the first tanning products I ever purchased in fact was St Tropez, one of the higher end brands on the market after having a St Tropez spray tan for my prom. Yet this is not a product I would recommend to be honest if you're looking for an effective tanning product. I much prefer the cheaper rip off brand so to speak, St Moriz which has instant lasting effects for a mere fraction of the price.

St Tropez's classic miniatures including their body polish, tan and body moisturiser

They are mini!
Another one of my St Tropez products
VS St Moriz mousse
Which is now award winning and found in all drug stores
The mousse itself
All my products together
So let's compare. As you can see I have built up quite the collection of St Tropez products over the years. They are a huge tanning brand and can justify their expensive price tag therefore unlike St Moriz which is only just gaining recognition in some of the bigger drug stores such as Boots and Superdrug. They may not have as many products to choose from but there is no denying the impact St Moriz has had on the tanning industry. It works, it's affordable and I won't ever be looking elsewhere when I need to top up on my tan that's for sure.

Are you a tan lover? What are your favourite tanning products?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...