Thursday 2 October 2014

Eyebrow Envy

There is no denying the impact eyebrows have had on the beauty industry over the past year or so. I certainly have eyebrow envy a lot of the time when I'm out and about. Gone are the days when it seemed the thinner the better. Big eyebrows are in and I am always on the lookout for ways to make mine more defined. I stopped threading my eyebrows about two years ago now and have tried to grow them back as best as I could. I like my eyebrows to a certain degree but I do feel naked now without any eyebrow definer on. I can't seem to grow them back to their full thickness, probably because of all the plucking and threading over the years. Thankfully there are hundreds of products on the market now to fix this.

I must say, I have tried my fair few eyebrow definers over the last couple of years and in this post I am going to talk you through a few of my personal favourites.

First off is this Mac crayon. I have mentioned this in one of my previous beauty posts here as it is truly amazing. However, it doesn't last that long if you are using it everyday and therefore not the best value for money. In terms of coverage there are a range of shades to choose from and it is very long wearing. There is certainly no need to touch up your eyebrows throughout the day, the crayon is both sweat and waterproof resistant. If you haven't already tried this product then I would 100% recommend it. Possibly my favourite eyebrow product on the market at the moment.


I would give this product a 9/10.

Secondly is this fairly new product by Benefit called 'Gimme Brow'. After a Benefit makeover in store quite recently I was reluctant to part with £17.50. However, of course I caved in and went back last week to pick one up from store. I have only been using this product a few days but I must say it's as amazing as I remember it to be during my makeover. A wand applicator, it is recommended that you apply this product backwards through your brows for ultimate definition. I am not to sure how long it's going to last me but it's definitely one of the better products on the market at the moment. It's very natural looking and again is long wearing. You can always rely on Benefit to bring you some of the best beauty products on the market to date.


I would give this product an 8/10.

Thirdly is this Rimmel eyebrow pencil. I am not too keen on this product but it's cheap and good for those days when you aren't going anywhere special but still require a bit of eyebrow coverage. Another great thing about this product is that it's very long lasting. I have this one for over a year now and even though I don't use it everyday it is still going strong. A word of advice, there aren't many shades in this product compared to the Mac definer for example, so make sure you test this beforehand to make sure you get the closest shade to suit your eyebrows.


I would give this product a 7/10.

Finally we have this eyebrow palette by ELF cosmetics. Again a different format to the other products in this post, this eyebrow definer comes with both a gel and powder section. I think this may be the cheapest eyebrow definer out of those featured in the post. I ordered this Ebay and I can't say I am overly impressed. I find this product quite difficult to use on my eyebrows for some reason and won't be purchasing it again. The gel which is used to shape your eyebrows rubs off quite easily, whereas the powder which is used to fill in your eyebrows is fairly light. Obviously you can see a difference but it's not a quick process like the Mac crayon which is so easy to use.



What is your favourite eyebrow definer on the market? Do you have any recommendations?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...