Saturday 4 October 2014

Opus Restaurant Birmingham Review

This is going to be a fairly short one from me as unfortunately my phone decided to die on me last weekend whilst visiting this beautiful restaurant on one of Birmingham's undiscovered back streets. However, it is definitely one to mention and well worth a visit.

I think the first thing that stuck me about this restaurant was it's contemporary exterior. It is very alluring; I certainly wouldn't have been able to walk past without having a nose in. Once inside, I felt completely relaxed. The service was spot on all night and we were made to feel very much at home. The constant flow of wine didn't go a miss either. It is definitely somewhere to visit with friends or your colleagues - serving upmarket food at affordable prices throughout the day. Once inside, we found a mixture of people, but mainly couples and businessmen. Again, the modern interior décor added that extra bit of class to the this simple yet stunning little restaurant. 




My new work colleagues and I all decided to go for the market menu which offered three courses for just £16 which is amazing value for money. As we were trying to be 'good', we decided to skip dessert and just go for the two courses, a starter and a main which was a little cheaper at £14. I decided on the salmon tart to start with, which came with a simple salad garnish and a tasty seafood sauce. For my main course, I had a spinach, broccoli and cheese ravioli. I must say even though the portions were fairly small, the food was really delicious. I am not a huge fish fan but the salmon tart was the perfect starter; very light on the palette and a clean eat too. Again, my main course wasn't something I would usually go for but I really enjoyed this vegetarian option so to speak. I love spinach, and again this was a very light and fairly healthy dish (minus the cheese).

Overall, we had a brilliant night. I would definitely recommend Opus to those finer diners out there, who are searching for some quality reasonably priced food in a quiet and relaxed setting. I will certainly be returning to this restaurant, only next time I will be pushing the boat out that little more and trying the al a carte menu.

1 comment:

  1. I walked past there before the bhmbloggermeet and loved its external design, as well as how classy it looked on the inside. I'm glad you enjoyed it there :) I'll have to give it a try at some point!

    Sarah xxx
    www.imaginedreamwrite.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...