Tuesday 17 March 2015

What it means to be happy


I am a firm believer in the old saying 'anybody can do anything if they put their mind to it'. Happiness is my number one goal in life, not money or possessions (even though I would like these too), but true f**king happiness, and this I believe, can only be achieved when all possibilities are explored. I am a wonderer, an adventure seeker, and I will not settle until I feel I have achieved all that I am destined to. The world is such a fascinating place and my mind is truly open. In little under three weeks time, I will be embarking on my next journey, starting off in Sydney Australia and from there, who knows... The world is certainly my oyster at the moment and that one way flight to Australia is my calling.

I have always been destined to travel. I hate the thought of settling in one place. This scares me above all else. Life is too short to settle, to stick with one job and one set of friends. There are over seven billion people in the world right now. How sad is it that we only know a fraction of these, a mere flicker of dust on the earth's surface. My favourite thing ever - meeting new people. I love exploring new cultures and seeing how others live - this excites me above all else.

Time. I never seem to have enough time at the moment. It's like the world is against me. That's another reason I am going in a way - I am getting older by the second! I fear this, and am trying to put off doing the stereotypical things every adult is expected to do at some point - move out, find a partner, get married and have children. 

I have never been as sure as I am right now that I need to get out of here, move on, and 'find myself'. Okay this is the cliché travelling thing to say, but I truly do feel like this is my time. I set up this blog in the hope to share my writing, to make new friends, but most importantly, to keep a sort of diary of things I have been up to. Travel writing has to be one of my favourites now. I love the way one can describe a place, how you get lost in the words almost. I know I don't belong here, and until I find somewhere where I can 'settle' so to speak, then I am going to keep on travelling and never ever look back...

Have you ever been travelling? What does it mean for you to be happy?

Sorry for the lack of posts at the moment but expect many more travel related ones over the upcoming weeks. I would love to hear your thoughts on my next adventure too, so feel free to share these. 




2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time travelling! I can't wait to see your adventures on your blog :) it was lovely meeting you at the bham blogger meet in november!

    Sarah xx
    www.imaginedreamwrite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait. Only 12 days now! I am so excited to share my adventures with you all, and hopefully make a worthwhile travel blog for fellow travellers to refer back to. It was so good to meet you too! Shame there wasn't any more events but I'm sure we will keep in touch xxx good luck

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...